(Clinton, Miss.) Both Loyola University New Orleans tennis teams headed to the MC Tennis Complex on Wednesday afternoon to cap off the 2016-17 regular season with a matchup against NCAA DII Mississippi College in Clinton, Mississippi.
Both Wolf Pack programs suffered a loss against the Choctaws on Wednesday, with the men’s squad falling 5-4 while the women’s team dropping the 9-0 decision on the road.
Following the losses, the Loyola men’s team ends the regular season at 8-10 (tied for the most wins in program history) overall and 4-4 in the Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC). Entering the postseason as the No. 5 seed, the Wolf Pack will take on No. 4-seeded Middle Georgia on Thursday, April 20, in the opening round of the SSAC Championship.
Ending the year with a program-best seven wins overall (7-12), the Loyola women’s team qualified for the postseason for the first time ever in 2016-17 and will square off against second-seeded Mobile on Thursday, April 20, at 5:00 p.m.
1. Joan Valy (MC) def. Steven Le (SR/Tustin, Calif.) (LOYNO) 6-1, 6-2
2. Lucio Menezes (MC) def. Galileo Cabrales (FR/San Salvador, El Salvador) (LOYNO) 6-4, 6-1
3. Marcos Rocca (MC) def. Maxime Rumeau (SO/Aix en Provence, France) (LOYNO) 6-1, 7-5
4. Ernesto de Diego (JR/Panama City, Panama) (LOYNO) def. Trey Randall (MC) 6-3, 7-6, 6-4
5. Alexander DePascual (SO/Metairie, La.) (LOYNO) def. Jose Gonzalez (MC) 7-6, 6-4
6. Sean Presti (SO/Lesigny, France) (LOYNO) def. William Clausen (MC) 6-3, 6-0
1. Joan Valy/Marcos Rocca (MC) def. Steven Le/Ernesto de Diego (LOYNO) 8-6
2. Lucio Menezes/Sanders Barrick (MC) def. Sean Presti/Maxime Rumeau (LOYNO) 8-5
3. Alexander DePascual/Galileo Cabrales (LOYNO) def. Petar Damjanovic/Max Nilges (MC) 8-3
1. Brenna Keller (MC) def. Koral Martinez (SO/Lajas, Puerto Rico) (LOYNO) 6-1, 6-3
2. Anne Marie Kimball (MC) def. Nadja Ochsner (FR/Stein, Switzerland) (LOYNO) 6-2, 6-2
3. Aneta Golawska (MC) def. Miranda Cano (FR/Weston, Fla.) (LOYNO) 6-1, 6-2
4. Katie Reid (MC) def. Margaret Adams (SO/Fairhope, Ala.) (LOYNO) 6-2, 6-1
5. Courtney Schrock (MC) def. Tori Sutherland (FR/Kenner, La.) (LOYNO) 6-1, 6-0
6. Karly Matthews (MC) def. Alexa Mancuso (SR/Leawood, Kan.) (LOYNO) 6-2, 6-1
1. Brenna Keller/Anne Marie Kimball (MC) def. Koral Martinez/Miranda Cano (LOYNO) 8-1
2. Sofia Carrera/Aneta Golawska (MC) def. Nadja Ochsner/Margaret Adams (LOYNO) 8-4
3. Anna Shuliak/Christa Owen (MC) def. Tori Sutherland/Alexa Mancuso (LOYNO) 8-2