(Mobile, Ala.) The Loyola University New Orleans tennis embarked on the Mobile Tennis Center one final time on Saturday morning to wrap up action at the second Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) Roundup of the season in Mobile, Alabama.
Both Wolf Pack squads would face Bethel University on Saturday and both squads would log dominating performances against the Wildcats.
On the women’s side, Loyola bested Bethel on Saturday 9-0 to go 3-1 at the roundup and improve to 5-10 overall with a 4-5 mark in league play.
The women’s team returns to action on Saturday, April 1, on the road against No. 7 University of Mobile.
1. Koral Martinez (SO/Lajas, Puerto Rico) (LOYNO) def. Marcela Cordeiro (BETHEL) 6-1, 6-4
2. Nadja Ochsner (FR/Stein, Switzerland) (LOYNO) def. Rosselle Dorero (BETHEL) 6-4, 6-1
3. Tori Sutherland (FR/Kenner, La.) (LOYNO) def. Elena Fochs (BETHEL) 6-4, 6-0
4. Alexa Mancuso (SR/Leawood, Kan.) (LOYNO) def. Shelby Kennedy (BETHEL) 6-3, 6-4
5. Lauren Rosales (SR/San Antonio, Texas) (LOYNO) def. Allison Smarsh (BETHEL) 7-6, 4-4
6. Miranda Cano (FR/Weston, Fla.) (LOYNO) def. No player (BETHEL), by default
1. Koral Martinez/Miranda Cano (LOYNO) def. Marcela Cordeiro/Rosselle Dorero (BETHEL) 8-1
2. Nadja Ochsner/Margaret Adams (SO/Fairhope, Ala.) (LOYNO) def. Elena Fochs/Allison Smarsh (BETHEL) 8-2
3. Tori Sutherland/Ariana Rivera (LOYNO) def. No player/No player (BETHEL), by default
Having won the first two matches of the roundup, the Loyola men’s team looked to go a perfect 3-0 on the weekend as it faced off against the Wildcats on Mobile. Similar to the women’s team, the men’s squad cruised to the convincing 9-0 victory on Saturday morning.
Heading into next Saturday’s matchup against No. 11 University of Mobile, Loyola is 6-7 overall behind a 4-3 mark in conference action.
1. Steven Le (SR/Tustin, Calif.) (LOYNO) def. Edwyn Ramos (BETHEL) 2-6, 6-1, 10-6
2. Galileo Cabrales (FR/San Salvador, El Salvador) (LOYNO) def. Otto Abad (BETHEL) 5-7, 6-1, 1-0
3. Maxime Rumeau (SO/Aix en Provence, France) (LOYNO) def. Byron Melbourne (BETHEL) 6-3, 7-6
4. Ernesto de Diego (JR/Panama City, Panama) (LOYNO) def. Barrett Phelps (BETHEL) 6-0, 6-3
5. George Fourmaux (SO/Hammond, La.) (LOYNO) def. John Griffith (BETHEL) 6-3, 6-2
6. Brandon Abdella (FR/Broussard, La.) (LOYNO) def. Austin Daniel (BETHEL) 6-0, 6-1
1. Steven Le/Ernesto de Diego (LOYNO) def. Edwyn Ramos/Byron Melbourne (BETHEL) 8-3
2. Maxime Rumeau/Sean Presti (SO/Lesigny, France) (LOYNO) def. Otto Abad/Barrett Phelps (BETHEL) 8-3
3. Alexander DePascual (SO/Metairie, La.)/Galileo Cabrales (LOYNO) def. John Griffith/Austin Daniel (BETHEL) 8-0