(New Orleans, La.) Coming off a strong performance at the first Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) Round Up of the season, the RV Loyola University New Orleans men’s tennis team returned to the court on Thursday morning to take on the NCAA DI University of Pennsylvania on the campus of the University of New Orleans.
The Wolf Pack put up another gutsy performance on Thursday morning but ultimately fell 6-1 to the Quakers in the Crescent City. With the loss, Loyola drops to 3-6 on the season heading into Saturday’s match at home versus No. 6 William Carey University.
Galileo Cabrales (FR/San Salvador, El Salvador) highlighted Thursday’s event as the freshman claimed victory at No. 2 singles (4-6,2-1, RT) against Penn’s Marshall Sharp.
1. Matt Nardella (UPENN) def. Steven Le (SR/Tustin, Calif.) (LOYNO) 6-1, 6-1
2. Galileo Cabrales (LOYNO) def. Marshall Sharp (UPENN) 4-6, 2-1, retired
3. Thomas Spratt (UPENN) def. Maxime Rumeau (SO/Aix en Provence, France) (LOYNO) 6-1, 6-3
4. Max Cancilla (UPENN) def. Ernesto de Diego (JR/Panama City, Panama) (LOYNO) 6-1, 6-0
5. Gabriel Rapoport (UPENN) def. Alexander DePascual (SO/Metairie, La.) (LOYNO) 6-2, 6-0
6. Kaden Funk (UPENN) def. Sean Presti (SO/Lesigny, France) (LOYNO) 6-4, 6-2
1. Josh Pompan/Thomas Spratt (UPENN) def. Steven Le/Ernesto de Diego (LOYNO) 6-4
2. Gabriel Rapoport/Marshall Sharp (UPENN) def. Maxime Rumeau/Sean Presti (LOYNO) 6-2
3. Kaden Funk/Max Cancilla (UPENN) def. Alexander DePascual/Galileo Cabrales (LOYNO) 6-2