Southern Miss Open
Location: Hattiesburg, Miss.
Hattiesburg, Miss. – The ULM men’s and women’s track & field teams picked up six individual wins on the weekend in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, led by Alexis Gordon’s new school record in the discus with a 53.51 meter throw to win the event.
– Jevaughn Shaw led the Warhawks in the discus throw with another win after a 54.24 meter throw on Saturday. Kyle Weiss finished fourth with a 50.97 meter throw and Micah Dye was fifth with a 48.17 meter toss.
– Adriunna Brown picked up the win in the women’s long jump with a 5.93 meter jump to win the event. Micaiah Dendy placed fifth in the long jump with her 5.59 meter jump. Brown and Dendy went 1-2 for the Warhawks in the triple jump as well, with Brown notching a 12.78 meter jump to win the event while Dendy was second with a 12.17 meter distance.
– Jemal Parharm added a win in the men’s long jump with a winning distance of 7.47 meter jump to win the event.
– In the men’s shot put event, Kyle Weiss’ 16.93 meter throw won the event, while Jevaughn Shaw placed in fourth with a 15.96 meter throw. Micah Dye rounded out the group for the Warhawks with a sixth place finish with a 15.47 meter throw.
– On the men’s side, Lebrun Nelson led the Warhawks with a runner-up finish in the triple jump as he had a 14.93 meter jump.
– Micah Dye had a seventh place finish in the hammer throw with a 45.16 meter distance. In the women’s hammer throw Dominique Allen finished sixth with a 48.64 meter toss, while Alexis Gordon finished seventh with 47.47 meter distance.
– Austin Walker finished seventh in the javelin throw with a 44.15 meter toss. Dominique Allen finished eighth with a 13.20 meter throw in the shot put. Allen finished seventh in the discus throw with a 45.94 meter throw.
– In the men’s 3000 meter event Jonathan Jeffcoat had a runner-up finish on Saturday with a 9:04.03 time. Tanner Collins was seventh with a 10:12.16 time and Cameron Tingle had an eighth place finish with a time of 10:16.83.
– In the women’s 100 meter dash the Warhawks had a third place showing from La’Porcha Griggs, who finished with a time of 11.76 seconds.
– In the 800 meter run, Angela Jepchirchir finished sixth with a 2:20.51 time. Brandon McDonald placed third with a 1:56.87 time in the 800 meter men’s race.
– In the men’s 3000 meter steeplechase John Neal had a strong fifth place finish with a finishing time of 10:28.86.
-ULM will next be back on the track for the Sun Belt Conference Championships beginning on May 12 in Arlington, Texas.