It will be released every week, and we are doing our first pre-season poll to be discussed during our show Friday night on WGSO 990AM and wgso.com.
The panel includes myself, George Pepis, Emmanuel Pepis and V.K. Jones, even though V.K. did not submit a pre-season poll.
Here we go:
1) South Plaquemines (3) -Enough said.
2) Haynesville-Should return as a major force.
3) Christian Life- Wants to prove they belong in top tier.
4) Ouachita Christian- Have to replace key components, but proficient on offense.
5) St. John- Drop in class should help this squad.
6)Â Oak Grove- Another of those perennnial power teams.
7)Â Delhi Charter- An emerging power.
8) West St. John- Always there.
9) Block- Efficient offense can score in bunches.
10) Kentwood- Kangaroos have experience coming back.
1) John Curtis (3) - Where else would they be ranked?
2) Capitol-Terrence Broadway , and drop in class, this team is solid.
3) Evangel- Another power that has chance to get to Dome.
4) St Charles Catholic- Drop in class should help Frank Monica compete for title.
5) Calvary Baptist- Enough horses to compete.
6) Farmerville- Offense will keep this group in hunt.
7) Many- Poised for deep playoff run.
8) Donaldsonville- Can't keep this team out of hunt.
9) Iota- Class drop throws them in race.
10) St Thomas Aquinas- Another special season?
1) Notre Dame (2) -Maybe with Lutcher gone up-this is their year.
2) Redemptorist (1) - Could have something to say about that.
3) St James- Moving up, but Rick Gaille knows how to win.
4) Parkview Baptist- Showdown with Redemptorist could change things.
5) Amite- Must replace Brandon Williams, but solid.
6) Eunice- Drop in class should help.
7) Patterson- Kenny Hilliard keeps them in hunt.
8) Westlake- Tough loss in Quarters last year.
9) Richwood- Looks for more this year.
10) Independence-Do they get back to elite status?
1) Salmen (3) -Tough loss in semis-could motivate most solid 4A squad.
2) Lutcher- Moving up but Webster under center poises last year's 3A champs.
3) Belle Chasse- defending champs need to replace Matherne, have Wright, and Lutcher at home.
4) Bastrop- Cannot count them out.
5) Breaux Bridge- Really good chance to make a run.
6) Karr- Munchie Legaux will munch up defenses.
7) Northside- Waiting for showdown with Breaux bridge.
8) Neville- Another contender from Ouachita Parish.
9) O. P. Walker- New coach with talented secondary.
10) Mc Donogh 35- Three from New Orleans district? Yes, especially with their defensive line.
1) West Monroe (2) - Looking to complete deal.
2) Destrehan (1) - Do they really drop?
3) Hahnville- Is this the year they leapfrog Destrehan?
4) Central- The 1-2 QB punch of Briscoe and Cutno very special to watch, prove they are for real.
5)Dutchtown- Could still be in the hunt.
6) Barbe- Very talented team on a mission.
7) Acadiana- Don't forget this team from Cajun Country.
8) Shaw- Move up should not hurt this team-Best in Catholic League.
9) Thibodaux- What about this team?
10) Ouachita Parish- Could this be the best 5A district?
|< Prev||Next >|