BATON ROUGE, La. – LSU’s Alex Box Stadium, Skip Bertman Field is ranked as the No. 1 college baseball stadium in the nation in a D1 Baseball survey released this week.
D1 Baseball polled college baseball coaches and sports information directors from around the country. There were 163 votes cast, and “The Box” received 251 points to lead the survey as the nation’s best college ball park.
Here is a sampling of the comments from voters about Alex Box Stadium, Skip Bertman Field:
• “This place has it all — great field, great amenities and a terrific fan experience.”
• “Best atmosphere in America.”
• “Unbelievable setting and atmosphere!”
• “Tremendous support from the community.”
• “Clear cut best atmosphere I’ve been around in college baseball.”
• “Well designed and open … laid out well, not cramped.”
• “Loudest park I have ever been to.”
• “Felt like the essence of big-time college baseball.”
• “When you take into account the atmosphere it is hard to imagine someone having a better overall setup.”
• “Great game day atmosphere. Always great energy in ballpark. Type of place you want your players to experience and be challenged in. Tailgating.”
LSU was followed in the Top 10 of the ball park survey by Arkansas, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Clemson, Florida State, Mississippi State, Coastal Carolina and North Carolina.
Alex Box Stadium, Skip Bertman Field will begin its ninth season as the Tigers’ home on February 17, when LSU plays host to Air Force in the 2017 season opener.